nutrition, health and lifestyle consultation
At Newcastle physiotherapy we believe that what you put in to your body is as important as what you do with it. Our nutritionist will work with you to provide professional, nutritional advice and weight loss guidance, individually tailored to your personal requirements.
- one to one weight loss guidance and support
- diet and nutrition analysis
- health and lifestyle analysis and advice
- dietary planning and monitoring
Our service is ideal for:
- clients who have previously not benefited from class based weight loss programmes
- clients preferring a more private, bespoke service
- clients conscious of minimising their risk of developing cardiovascular diseases or type ii diabetes
- athletes requiring nutritional guidance specific to their sport and competition requirements
- proactive clients interested in improving or maintaining their general health
Your consultation will last 60 minutes comprising of a health assessment which includes anthropometric measurements incorporating height, weight, waist to hip ratio, body mass index (bmi) and blood pressure. These measurements together with a questionnaire and food diary will provide a current picture of where you are now and facilitate discussion around your goals and targets. We can then work together to develop a bespoke program that will ensure success is inevitable.
You will receive a detailed programme which will include a nutritional analysis report, a tailored dietary plan, recipes and specific advice around maintaining your plan, for example, when eating out, going on holiday or over the festive season.
Regular reviews will provide ongoing advice and support and allow any necessary updates to be made to ensure your programme is tailored to suit you and your current lifestyle. Support can also be provided in the form of email, telephone and text messaging to assist in maintaining motivation if required.