Pelvic Floor MOT
Are you worried about your pelvic floor?
Are you sure you can tighten your muscles correctly?
A Pelvic Floor MOT is a 45 minute session with our Specialist Physiotherapist. It can help you to avoid problems with bladder or bowel incontinence, or address any problems that already exist.
A Pelvic Floor MOT session includes:
- Assessment of the sensation and strength of your pelvic floor muscles (using visual inspection and / or internal examination, subject to your consent). You will still find this session useful if you do not wish to be examined.
- Teaching you how to correctly identify and contract your pelvic floor and appropriate abdominal muscles.
- Prescription of an individualised pelvic floor muscle exercise programme to help you to strengthen your muscles, decrease the risk of future problems developing and helping existing ones.
- Full individual risk assessment for bladder and bowel dysfunction and pelvic floor prolapse.
- Address factors which may weaken your pelvic floor.
- Information and advice about other treatments available that would be beneficial to you.
If you want to find out more about women’s health & what we offer click here.