Corona Virus Update
Due to the unprecedented circumstances we find ourselves in and the subsequent restrictions on human movement, we are now offering remote services, directly to you at home. Most of our services listed on our price list are available.
Online and telephone consultations
- Initial consultations, review appointments and extended consultations will all be available online via What’s app, Skype, Face time or Zoom. If you do not have access to any online video apps, we can conduct your appointment over the telephone. All consultations will be priced at a 10% discount on your usual fee
- What will we offer?
For Initial Assessments we will be able to conduct our subjective (interview) assessment as usual. Your physical assessment will be via your online video app. We will ask you to perform specific movements and special tests to enable us to give you a diagnosis. That diagnosis will allow us to create a bespoke treatment plan which will be purely exercise and advice based.
We will demonstrate all exercises and watch you perform them to ensure you are doing them safely and correctly. We will email your exercise program as usual which includes video demonstrations. We will be able to post any products you may need to help you with your exercise of manage pain and swelling etc.
For Review Appointments will re-assess you in the same way as described for the initial assessment which will allow us to gauge your progress. We will ask you to perform your home exercise routine to ensure your technique is correct. We may alter your program depending on your progress and pain levels.
With an Extended Consultation, we will offer a 60-minute exercise rehabilitation session if you would like to perform your exercise program with your physiotherapist, live. This service is perfect for those of you who are super keen beans or unsure about technique! It really helps motivation too! Your physio would lead you through each exercise, ensuring you are performing the correct number of repetitions and sets based on your ability and pain levels.
Online Pilates Services
- For our existing Pilates clients, we will offer 1-1 and 1-2 60 minute Pilates classes via Zoom. Just call us on 0191 2171929 to book your place.
- We will continue to provide our Wednesday Clinical Pilates class with Kelly Smith as usual. Initially we will trial just one class from 7-8pm and assess demand over the coming weeks. If required, we will aim to add additional start times. Kelly will contact you all personally with details of how to access her Zoom group.
- We will be adding additional physio lead clinical Pilates classes with Ann-Marie Ballantine Check out her profile on our website: https://www.newcastlephysioclinic.com/staff/ann-marie-ballentine-clinical-specialist/
- Ann-Marie’s class will run from 6-7pm on Monday evenings via the Zoom app.
- If you would like to join Ann-Marie’s class, as usual for Clinical Pilates, you would require an initial 1-1 assessment which will also be conducted online.
- Find out more: https://www.newcastlephysioclinic.com/services/pilates-classes/
Online Dietitian Services
- All services currently provided by our state registered dietitian, Rachel Zibe, will be provided online or via telephone for those clients unable to attend our clinic. We do not envisage any significant disruption to our dietitian services by offering them remotely.
- Find out more: https://www.newcastlephysioclinic.com/services/nutrition-health-and-lifestyle-consultation/
- Please provide us with as much feedback as possible! This is a new service for us and you and we would like it to be as professional, efficient and effective as our face to face service.
- Remember any reviews on Facebook or Google will give you a 10% discount on your next appointment!