|We hope you are all in good health at this worrying time.
In light of the growing concerns regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) we would like to share with you, the policies and procedures we will be following over the coming months. The health and well being of our clients and staff are our absolute priority and I hope you will be reassured by our measures:
Newcastle Physiotherapy Staff monitoring
- All staff will have their temperature measured using our electronic ear thermometer, each day before commencing work. If any member of staff records a temperature above 37.9 degrees Celsius, they will immediately go home. If the staff member is a clinician, all of their clients will be notified via email immediately.
- All staff have agreed that they will not come in to work if they develop any flu-like symptoms or a persistent, dry cough.
- In line with government guidelines, any staff member who does test positive for coronavirus will self-isolate for 7 days, beginning at the onset of their symptoms.
Newcastle Physiotherapy Client monitoring
- We that request all clients cancel their appointments if the develop a fever (temperature above 37.9 degrees Celsius) or flu like symptoms or a new, persistent cough.
- If any clients are living with any person with coronavirus or displaying the above symptoms, please cancel your appointment.
- We understand that, in the event of the above, you may not develop the disease. We will arrange a follow up appointment for you, 1 week after the date of your cancellation, which you can attend if you are symptom free.
- Our clinical staff will offer facetime/Skype or telephone appointments to any clients who fall into the above categories. We understand that our ‘hands on approach’ will be impossible, but we will endeavour to provide you with the very best remote services possible (subjective assessment, clinical diagnosis, education, advice and exercise prescription)
Newcastle Physiotherapy Infection control measures
- Our clinic is thoroughly cleaned daily by our professional cleaning contractor.
- Our practice management and reception staff are regularly using disinfectant spray and wipes throughout the day on all communal areas and surfaces, door handles, sanitaryware etc.
- We apply new face hole protection with disposable paper covers for every client
- We disinfect treatment beds by spraying or wiping down beds between each client
- We will always strive to provide alcohol gel for communal use
- Our staff wash our hands using the World Health Organisation hand washing protocol between each client
- We will appropriately clean and dispose of soiled items e.g. linen and towels.
- All staff will disinfect workstations between users including computer keyboards, telephone receivers etc
Newcastle Physiotherapy Clients
- If you have none of the symptoms described above and no known exposure to the virus, please attend as normal.
- We ask all clients, if possible, to be mindful of the governments stated social distancing measures whilst in the clinic reception.
- Please make use of our alcohol gel and hand washing facilities as often as you wish or require.
Yours in health,
Bsc (HONS) MCSP, HCPC Reg.
Director and Clinical Lead